Dry Eye Treatment in Denton, TX
Dry eye disease is a common condition in which a person's tears no longer supply enough lubrication for the eyes. Tears are vital to support healthy eyes and keep sharp vision. Dry eyes can feel uncomfortable and may cause your eyes to sting or burn. At Advanced Eye Care Denton, our doctors use state of the art equipment to diagnose and treat specific types of dry eye disease. With the use of widely proven treatment methods and procedures, catering to the unique needs of each patient, we can control and relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
What Are Symptoms of Dry Eyes?
- Itching, redness, or overall discomfort of the eyes
- Blurred vision, especially while reading
- Scratchy or gritty feeling of the eyes
- Mucus in or around the eye
- Pain when wearing contact lenses
- Excessive watering of the eyes
** Having frequent tears in your eyes with dry eye might seem strange; however, when our eyes are irritated due to dryness, they sometimes produce more tears to compensate.
What Can Cause Dry Eye Disease?
As people get older, they tend to make fewer and fewer tears. Both men and women are at risk for dry eye. However, it is more common in women- especially those who have gone through menopause.
Here are some causes of dry eye:
- Certain diseases. Ie: rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disease, lupus, etc.
- Blepharitis (swollen/red eyelids)
- Entropion (eyelids turn inward); Ectropion (eyelids turn outward)
- Being in a windy or dry climate
- Exposure to smoke
- Looking at a computer screen for an extended period
- Using contacts lenses for an extended period
- History of refractive eye surgery. Ie: LASIK
Taking certain medications
- Beta-blockers, for cardiac issues or hypertension
- Allergy and cold medications (antihistamines)
- Sleeping pills
- Anxiety and antidepressant medicines
- Heartburn medications
Contact Us for a Dry Eye Evaluation Today!
Advanced Eye Care Center Denton is an easy-to-find clinic, conveniently located behind the Golden Triangle Mall. Contact our office to schedule a dry eye evaluation. During your exam, our doctors will thoroughly evaluate your eyes and create a treatment plan best suited for you and your needs.
Why We're The BestExperienced & Board Certified
Our Doctors Have Over Forty Years Of Experience
We Accept Most Insurances
Our Best-In-Class Surgeons Provide the Best Results
We Use Cutting-Edge Technology
We Are Conveniently Located for Our Patients
Our Patients Love Us
“Advanced Eye Care in Denton has been my preferred choice for eye care, and I have great appreciation for the wonderful doctors, particularly Dr. Shafron has taken excellent care of my vision. The assistants and office staff are very professional and helpfu”- Kathleen G.
“I've been a patient at Advanced Eye Care Center for almost 10 years. The staff and specifically Dr. Shafron are very professional and thorough. The health of my eyes is in great hands.”- Shirley R.
“Great office & amazing doctors, super friendly staff. Best eye care I have ever received! I totally recommend.”- Diana R.